and Additional Select Genera
Flasks Seedlings Divisions
Huntingtown, MD, USA
OPEN BY APPOINTMENT (Friday-Sunday)
Updated December 15, 2014
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ: Our new e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check out our new flask and plant offerings!! Many new one-of-a-kind Phrags from our breeding lines.
We will are listing many new select divisions and some blooming size seedlings, including some spectacular divisions and seedlings from the Krull-Smith Orchids/June's Orchid Estate Paph collection through our partner nursery Orchids Dominicana. The Krull-Smith divisions may be viewed with the rest of our select divisions by clicking on the Papa Aroha Paphs button.The Krull-Smith division and seedlings listed are in our Maryland nursery and may be ready to ship once payment is received, weather permitting. The greenhouse and plants are in fine shape thanks to Karen and Vicki (and Bill). If you would like to visit, please send us an e-mail and we will try to accomodate you.
NEW! Introducing ZANE'S ORCHID COMPANION PLANTS (Epihyitic Cacti, Bromeliads, Foliage). Coming very soon to the web site and already available at the nursery: beautiful species of epiphytic (jungle) cacti and bromeliads, that often share tree branches with many orchids. The cacti include Rhipsalis, Lepismium, Epiphyllum, Disocatus, Selenicereus, Pfeiffera and other genera Most are great house plants with unique plant arcitecture, usually no spines, and often flowers ranging from insignificant to stunning. Zane really has worked closely with Bill to propagate these cacti from cuttings and seed. 75% 0f the money from Companion Plant sales goes into Zane's savings account, and the remaining 25% is available for him to use for his LEGO collection. Send us a note for an availability list if you are interested.
New Ordering Information - To place an order please send us an e-mail with the plants listed you wish to order. We will confirm availability via return we-mail and at that point will request shipping address and payment information. Credit card orders will be taken over the phone. We will be glad to call you to get your credit card information. Please be patient. If your order is delayed beyond our stated two week window, we will make it up with bonus plants.
Woodstream Orchids (WSO) opened our Maryland nursery to the public for the first time on May 26, 2001 after over 10 years in Bucks County, Pennsylvania! WSO is now open by appointment Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Many people express a desire to visit our nursery, and we request that you e-mail or call first, to ensure the nursery will be open.
Woodstream Orchids is located in Huntingtown in southeastern Maryland's beautiful Calvert County, between the Patuxent River and Chesapeake Bay, approximately 24 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. Capital Beltway and 24 miles south of Annapolis. Here are some approximate driving times from: Washington, DC Beltway (495) and Route 4 - 30 minutes; Reagan National Airport - 50 minutes; Silver Spring, MD - 55 minutes; Baltimore-Washington International Airport - 45 minutes; Baltimore, MD - 1 hour; Dulles International Airport - 1.5 hours; Richmond, VA - 2 hours; Philadelphia, PA - 3 hours; Pittsburgh, PA - 4 hours; New York, NY - 4.5 hours; Denver, CO - ~40 hours.
and William Goldner, Ph.D.
At this time, we would like to briefly introduce the sections of our on-line catalog, to increase your awareness of our plant and flasks offerings, coming events and available programs. For those of you visiting our site for the first time, we hope you find it easy and quick to use. We are excited to offer many new selections from our own breeding lines!
WHO WE ARE - Click on this button to learn more about Woodstream Orchids, Upcoming Orchid Shows and Events, and Available Slide Programs and Lectures (from orchid adventures to specific genera)!
PAPHS - Click on this button to view our offerings of Paphiopedilum seedlings (and a few divisions). Woodstream has long been recognized as a source for quality seed-grown Paph species and hybrids.
PHRAGS - Click on this button to view our current offerings of Phragmipedium seedlings from small well-established seedlings to blooming size. Woodstream has become one of the leading Phrag hybridizers in the United States and producer of seed-grown Phrag species. Help discourage the collection of large numbers of wild plants (except where imminent destruction of habitat warrants collecting as part of a rescue operation) by purchasing seed grown species .
FLASKS/COMPOTS - Click on this button to view our current offering of orchid species and hybrid flasks and community pots produced in our in-house breeding program.
ORDER - Click on this button to learn how to contact us, send an order, direct payment and view the terms for all transactions.